It’s Homemade Bread Day today.
Here’s a fantastic recipe for gluten free flatbread from @gemma_stafford
1 cup (4oz/115g) almond flour
1 cup (4oz/115g) tapioca starch
1 can (387g/13.6oz) coconut full fat milk
1 teaspoon coconut oil, or ghee for frying
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons (1oz/28g) butter, or ghee
fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
1. In a large bowl combine the almond flour, tapioca starch, salt and garlic — if using
2. Add in the coconut milk and whisk to combine until you have a smooth thick batter.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add in the coconut oil or ghee and allow to melt.
4. Once the pan is at an even, moderate heat, spoon 1/3 cup of the batter into the pan, allowing the batter to spread out, it should be roughly an 8-inch circle (although you can make the flatbread large or smaller if desired).
5. Cook the flatbread on the first side for about 3 minutes or until tiny bubbles begin to form around the outside. Flip the flatbread and allow to cook on the other side for about 1-2 minutes until golden and brown. Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate or rack. Repeat this process until all of the batter is used. This should make about 6 flatbreads.
6. Serve the flatbread while warm and crisp. If desired, brush with butter or ghee and sprinkle over fresh chopped herbs.
7. Cover and store leftover flatbread in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.