Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!
End your day with a beautiful sunset!
Tequila Sunset with Pineapple and Jalapeño
- 2 oz. (60 ml) pineapple chunks
- 4 thin slices jalapeño chile
- 4 oz. (125 ml) fresh orange juice
- 2 oz. (60 ml) tequila
- 1/2 oz. (15 ml) blackberry brandy
1. Pat the pineapple chunks dry on a paper towel. In a small fry pan over medium-high heat, cook the pineapple, turning once, until beginning to char, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and let cool briefly.
2. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the remaining pineapple chunks and 3 of the jalapeño slices. Add the orange juice, tequila and ice. Cover, shake vigorously and strain into an ice-filled highball glass. Slowly pour the blackberry brandy over the back of a spoon into the glass. Garnish with cleaned reserved pineapple leaves. Serves 1.