We’ve outlined 7 Essential Food Hack RE/SHAPE Tips to help make your food prep easier, healthier, and more delicious!
- Reuse Pickle Brine for homemade salad dressing and marinades.
- Mix your chopped herbs with olive oil and freeze in ice cube trays so they are on hand for a quick fix meal.
- Blend frozen bananas for a healthy, vegan ice cream. You can top with anything you like. I love melted Cacao nibs in coconut oil with fresh berries and nuts.
- Scrape the skin of Ginger with a soup or tea spoon. We need to eat Ginger every day either in our morning smoothie, our water or in a stir-fry. This is a quick and easy way to maximize your Ginger root and not loose most of it by using a knife.
- Make your own Nut Milk – One tablespoon of nut or seed butter for every one cup of water to your blender. Add a pinch of salt or flavors such as; cacao, dates, cinnamon, cardamom, or honey.
- For fresh avocados daily, freeze the avocado slices on a backing sheet lined with parchment paper. As soon as it’s frozen, transfer it to a freezer bag. Keep your good fats on hand while you wait for your next batch of fresh avocados to ripen. This may be my favorite food hack, as having perfectly ripe avocados on hand when you need them is sometimes a challenge. They’re so often not quite ready or have already gone bad.
- Besides adding terrific flavor to your meal, roasted garlic has many health benefits including; reducing cholesterol, strengthens bones and joints, lowers blood pressure, and protects against heart disease. Take a full bulb of garlic, cut the top off exposing all the bulbs inside the hull. Set the bulb in a piece of foil and soak with olive oil, salt, people and any other tasty herbs you like. Roast it in your oven for 20-30 minutes until the bulbs turn light to medium brown. They also freeze well. See our post dedicated to the health benefits of roasted garlic here.